Tuesday 3 July 2012

When the drugs DONT work.....

People turn to Homoeopathy (or an other type of health modality). I have to say this is a when I am faced with a most toxic individual who is really very sick on every level; physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. 

One of the first times this happened to me the patient was a 3-year-old boy, who was antibiotic resistant. He was referred to me by his GP.

I shall set the scene for you:
Persistent nasal discharge, green/grey and thick, constant colds, overweight, diet consisting of vienna's (processed sausage), white bread, fizzy drinks, yogurt and sweets, did not listen to his parents (or practitioner), hit his mother, threw toys around consulting room and was sullen. 

As I worked with this family (when working with children, I find working with the parents is invariably essential) it became clear to me that this 3 year old boy ruled the household and his parents did not know how to parent: he would scream and hit if he was told no, stole money from his mothers purse if he wanted sweets (!) and if one parent said no he would go to the other parent. It seemed the parents where scared of him and his outbursts.

I advised the use of remedies and also helped them with parenting skills. As the remedies began to work their magic and the parents came together as a team, the child became the child again, his nose and infections cleared up, his eating habits changed, he realized that throwing a tantrum, hitting and demanding things did not work any longer. His parents where delighted, their marriage strengthened, their relationship with their son was happier and they again where the adults and parents in the household.

No comments:

Post a Comment