Wednesday 16 May 2012

Liver and hang-over remedy anyone?

This is one of those fabulous Homoeopathic remedies that I use A LOT. Not on myself so much anymore (although sometimes it is needed)!
Let me describe your typical Nux Vomica personality:
  • Irritable 
  • Angry
  • Fault finding
  • Tend to have a sedentary lifestyle
  • Crave stimulants: coffee, alcohol, tobacco, rich food, recreational drugs 
  • Business minded which can wake them up at night around 3am (the liver de-toxes between 1am-3am) and they are sleepless thinking about business/work 
  • Heart burn
  • Gas
  • Constipation               
  • Headaches/hangovers
  • Nausea
  • Delirium tremens (shaky hands)
  • Blocked nose at night that runs in the day (great cold remedy).

These are just the highlights of Nux Vomica. I have found lots of men work very well with this remedy, but I can assure you it works very well with women too. 

A good friend of mine was showing me his stereo. I reached up to touch it and he slapped my hand away and was quite angry with me. I stepped back surprised at his reaction and realised that my hard working, business focused pal needed some Nux. I gave him a bottle of Nux 200 and since then if gets a cold, sore throat, grumpy with the children for a few days, he knows to take Nux. He says that he feels so much better and is so much nicer afterwards. He has now given up coffee (he does not drink anymore) and is kinder to his liver! A much nicer person for himself and for all around him.

Another friend of mine was telling me about her husband who is a successful business man: he often takes his anger and irritability out on his wife and co-workers. I suggested she tries Nux with him and she has found that afterwards he is more pleasant to be around.

The liver when under stress from lifestyle needs a little help and Nux can hold the liver and assist  with de-tox. When I was at college the liver was described as a red setter dog: loyal and loving to it's owner, look after you liver (presumably) it's the only one you will ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment