Wednesday 23 May 2012

Accidents

 
It is entirely NOT our fault when we suffer accidents.  This is a statement I used to believe in until I had an accident in my car: I was driving merrily along when a car hit me in the drivers door, spinning me around and writing off my car. I was promptly rushed to hospital where I was given a neck brace (AKA sanitary towel), pain killers, 2 months off of work (I was working at a medical insurance company) and a course in physiotherapy. 

I went home, I sat on my sofa for about a week not feeling anything, not really being able to move. The pain killers where very effective in removing pain…..and all sensation. I could not get off my arse and get a drink of water let alone make food or a cup of tea: to assist my recovery. I felt spaced out all the time. I wondered how I would feel better when I felt so disconnected? I could not feel my neck AT ALL, let alone if I moved it too much…..

I had a full bookshelf and within the books was “Homoeopathy for the Family”. Odd that: I had never seen it before. I looked in this book and found some remedies I could take, surprisingly I could get them from a Homoeopathic pharmacy around the corner: Helios Homoeopathic pharmacy. I started taking the remedies and stopped the pain killers. I could still feel the pain, but I knew my limits and I could look after myself and heal. I felt I had found the most amazing healing modality.

Before I went back to my full-time job I was enrolled on a course at the London College of Practical Homoeopathy.
Looking back I know that accident put me on my life’s path and my life long love affair with Homoeopathy. It was no accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment