Tuesday 7 February 2012

Pay it forward

 

Last week a friend of mine told me that I had ‘won’ his weekly tithe (10% of his weekly earning’s). I was honoured when he told me the ‘winner’ is the person who touches his soul.

This inspired me to want to do the same. The next day I went to a friend’s house who has been through some very trying times in the last 5 years. Recently his whole world was rocked by the death of his ex-wife in a horrendous accident. Leaving behind 3 children, huge emotional trauma and a life he dreamed of, but not in this way.

His ex-wife had employed a live in nanny last August. When the nanny heard of the accident she decided to not leave, for her annual visit to her child and family, but to stay when this family when they needed her most: she indeed touched my heart and soul. I took her to a shop where I bought her some clothes, duvet cover, pillow cases, shoes, picture fames and a vase. The entire amount came to exactly 10% of my earnings for that week!

Maybe this is a universal law? I don’t know, but it certainly made me realize that when we learn to open our hearts, we invite more of our soul into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment