Thursday 22 December 2011

Endofyearitis

As a Homoeopath I am often expected to prescribe a remedy, sometimes it is apparent and sometimes it is not. Sometimes the 'remedy' is a hug, a glass of water, a change of diet, lifestyle...the list goes on. It is a challenge sometimes in this world where we are used to a 'pill for every ill' to make a change, to do something other than take a pill for your ill.

I found myself in this predicament, so when my dearest friend asked me if I wanted to have a few days away with her, I jumped at the chance. I mean......how often do you get the opportunity to spend time with your best mate without the interruption of children, partners, phones...the list goes on.

3 days and 3 nights later I am back and I feel like I have had the best rest of my year! I am sparkling and ready for Christmas and my sons birthday, 4 days after Christmas.

So dear, worn, tired, irritable (the list goes on) loving, wonderful, stoic (the list goes on) mothers (and fathers) this is my remedy recommendation for you, if you have endofyearitis is: some time alone with your dearest and bestest buddy, reading, walking, swimming, laughing like drains, cooking (on fire if possible), silence and sleep.

1 comment: